• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

If Plesk 8 is unlicenced. How many time can I use it?

T

temporal

If a install plesk for unix version 8, in red hat el 4. For how many time can I use it?

I want to know this, because last days I install Plesk unlicenced, only 1 domain, 1 mailbox, etc, etc. But after 3 days if my server get down, it can't reboot and be useful again. I need of reintall OS to get operating my box.

I am not sure on this, used to be forever, but regardless. Thats why its a demo. It shouldn't work forever, even if the restrictions are tight. They just want you to get an idea of how Plesk runs and what the CP looks like. That should only take a day or 2 of looking. Uninstall it and reinstall it maybe??

Just my 2 cents.

Yes, but regardless of the length of time you are permitted to use it, it will not stop you using your server once it expires. Plesk is just a set of programs that run on your server. It does not take it over.

I think you are permitted to use it forever anyway.

The problem you are having may be due to a problem with your server unrelated to Plesk. Alternatively, you may be suffering from a bug being reported by several users where Plesk 8.01 causes problems with the fstab file, preventing the server from rebooting.

Faris.

Its 30 days, but the above post is probably right. Theres a bug floating around some of PSA for linux distros that puts an extra / before the mountpoint in the line of your /etc/fstab file where your PSA product root is, which varies depending on what OS. FreeBSD its in /usr/local/psa. Plesk adds the userquota option to fstab to enforce quotas if its not already there. Obviously someone made a typo in the install script.

:)

Hope that helps.

Ok. After read previous messages about /etc/fstab. I'll try to make a clean OS install, enable quotas manually and then install Plesk 8.0.1. In a production server previously installed with psa 8.0.0 the update to 8.0.1 don't make problems.

I will keep in eyes the unlicenced installation of psa 8.0.1 and comment about it.

It adds an extra / before the mountpoint and puts the "userquota" in the wrong place next to the FS type for example what I've seen from postings using my fstab entry for an example:

Incorrect:
/dev/amrd0s1a / / ufs,userquota rw 1 1

So what happens is because the system reads a line /device /mountpoint fstype options pass info, the errors returned seem to be of invalid file system type. Because PSA's install goes in and modifies this anyhow, I would do a fresh install of the OS, back up your /etc/fstab file, then install PSA and see if it screws up your fstab file. Do not reboot, because obviously it won't. Go in and edit the file and make sure it looks more like:

/dev/amrd0s1a / ufs rw,userquota 1 1

Again I have not seen this with FreeBSD but it must be happening in Linux distros. Above is an entry made by PSA on a FBSD 5.4 machine, and as you can see its properly formatted.

Back