• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

If webmail doesn't work for you...

L

linhgb@

Hi fellas,

I upgraded from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4 a little while ago and webmail (Horde) just stopped working. I get a "Login Failed" message for every account, old and new, although POP works fine. My clients don't use it so I didn't care too much. However, today I got a request for it so I had to work on it. :p Searching the forums, I found a lot of solutions but none worked for me. I set up Squirrelmail and configured it to talk to the Courier-IMAP server but it was still the same. Then after looking at the source code of those products, I figured that it must be an IMAP problem. Checking the /etc/courier-imap/imapd file I found the two very important lines commented out by the upgrade package that I applied:

AUTHMODULES="authpsa"
MAILPASSWD="/var/qmail/users/poppasswd"

Why that stupid package did that I don't know... but I uncommented them and imap and webmail (horde and squirrelmail - which rely on imap) now work for me. Hope if you're pulling your hair out and searching for a solution, you'll find this post and it'll help you somehow. :)

Cheers,
Linh

I have the same problem, but mine didn't have a comment before those lines. Any ideas?

Back