• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ignore internal mail accounts

strupde

New Pleskian
Hello,

on my webserver i hosted the domain xyz.com (example).
For this domain i have change the mx records to an exchange server.
now if the server generates an automatic mail to xyz.com, the server use the internal postfix with the mail accounts on webserver.
how i can change the settings that postfix will not use the internal mail addresses of xyz.com? postfix should ignore the internal list. how i can change it?

thanks.

i use Parallels Plesk Panel v11.0.9_build110120608.16 os_CentOS 6.

Just turn off mail service for that domain. I had same problem few times.

Click on tab "Mail" -> "Change settings" -> remove checkbox

Thanks.
But i have any mail users which uses the webserver to send mails with mail accounts on web server.
so if i disable the mail system then it works nothing, or?

I don't know if i understood you correct, but if you disable mail service for "xyz.com" domain, not even one mail account on internal server will work. Mail accounts on exchange server, where you pointed your MX records, only they will work and server will no longer search this email accounts from "xyz.com" domain on internal server.

I had same problem as i mentioned, i tryed to send emails for "xyz" to other domain "domain2.com", and the problem was that "domain2.com" had MX records from google (gmail service), but also activated mail service, so to make it work i had to disable mail service for that domain, and server was no longer searching email local (internal). I guess you have the same problem.

Last edited:
Back