• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ignore local domain's when emailing

R

RhysG

Hello all,

I have a situation where I am forced to host some of my domain's eMail accounts on a different server to where thier website and DNS is hosted.

The problem is that when domains which have thier eMail and domain on my plesk server try to email domains with eMail accounts on the external server they get the message that the user does not exsist. I have figured out that when the user send an email the server they are on is serched for a the domain and if foudn the eMail is sent to the domain on the local server.

How do I prevent this from happening?

Regards
Rhys

There are a couple of options that I use as a workaround.

1) Log on to the console for the server and disable the e-mail domain, or the e-mail service for the domain. The mail server then won't try to short-circuit deliver.
2) I also go into IIS config and setup the MS SMTP server but set it to port 26, allowing this service to relay only for localhost. I then instruct programmers to use the mailserver 'localhost', and specify the SMTP port at port 26, it then uses DNS MX records for delivery rather than the Plesk installed mail server.

Regards

Craig

Thank you, we figured that part out just after I posted this entry.

Regards

Back