• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IIS Application Pool unexpectedly terminating?

B

Bradicus

Hey all,

I'm having a strange problem with Plesk. I'm running it in IIS 6.0 under Windows 2003 Server SP1 as opposed to Apache.

When I start the Plesk service, everything is fine and I can log into Plesk correctly. However, if I let it sit for a while, the site will go offline.

I investigated in the Event Viewer and I see the following event happen:

Source: W3SVC
Category: None
Type: Warning
Event ID: 1009
Description: A process serving application pool 'PleskControlPanel' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '2928.' The process exit code was '0xc0000005'

('PleskControlPanel' is the IIS application pool that the IIS Plesk Website is set to use)

Sometimes that happens just a minute or so after the Plesk service starts, and sometimes Plesk runs fine for several hours until the above event happens, and then it goes offline.

Has anybody ever had this happen? Anybody got any ideas? I've got a ticket open, but SWSoft folks haven't responded yet.

Thanks in advance for any comments,
-Brad

Hello

I'm having the same problem, when I go to the event viewer I notice following messages several times a day.

A process serving application pool 'plesk(default)(pool)' failed to respond to a ping. The process id was ...

OR

A process serving application pool 'plesk(default)(pool)' suffered a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process id was

Is there a solution for this problem ? What is causing this problem ?

Best Regards

Back