• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IIS logs on another drive to Plesk?

I

inCharge.co.uk

This is on Windows Server 2008...

I need to make IIS write its log files to a different disk drive to %plesk_vhosts%.

I can't see any way to do this through the Plesk interface. Am I missing something?

Otherwise, what's the best way to do it without confusing Plesk?

1) Manually replace the log file folder...
%plesk_vhosts%/<domain>/statistics
...with a symbolic link to a new older on the log drive.. Plesk might not even notice. It might trip up Plesk when trying to delete the site.

2) Change the log file folder in IIS. AwStats would also have to be told to pick logs up form the new location. Not sure how to do that in the Plesk/AwStats configuration or if it's even possible.

3) ?

I will experiment, but I'd be grateful to hear any better ideas, potential problems, or from anyone who did this already.

Why do this?
- Less to do when cloning the disk (e.g. with Acronis), so the clone can be completed in a reasonable time, including transferring the disk image across the network. Logs don't need to be backed up and can use more space than everything else put together
- better performance due to parallel disk IO

Thanks,
Julian

Back