• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IIS not being updated after assing cert through plesk

M

mekimolim

I renewed a cert and added using plesk.

All I get is an error now and iis just list the old cert that hasn't expired yet.

I get an error that files cannot be found.. any takers on this?

mememememem

Also..

I use the text part of adding the private key and cert.

The old cert is set to expire through on June 1st. Is there a problem with plesk and that certan files cannot be found.

This is pretty routine so..

that I'd throw that out there.

Hello, mekimolim

First, you need to make sure that the coorect certificate is selected in Plesk -> Setup -> IP addresses -> <specific-ip>

If this doesn`t help, try the following command:

%plesk_bin%\websrvmng --remove-vhost --vhost-name=<domain-name>
%plesk_bin%\websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=<domain-name>

Does this help?

well to give you my step process..

I login to plesk through the web interface.

Click on domains to the left under clients.

I process to the domain that I want to update the certiticate for.

from there when that domains prefereces or page loads I choose certificates.

I can either view the certificate I attempted to add or add a new one.

I won't be able to try this till the morning so I won't have answer till then.

mekimolim 8) and thanks hello right back at ya.

Hi, mekimolim

Oops, I`m sorry. I mistyped the path you needed to take in Plesk. It should be Plesk -> Server -> IP addresses -> <specific-ip> -> default certificate

Hope, this helps.

ok here is the deal w/ what i'm seeing in plesk

when you look at the deflaut cert that is used that hasn't expired yet..

when you select it it list the original csr / private key / certificate...

when you add the new certificate it does not use the original csr and that option after you added does not highlight..

I went to the certificate under Server --> IPAddress --> Certificates..

It list default which is the plesk certificate and then the current certificate in used that is set to expire on June 1st....

I can add the cert / select it / use setup to create a pem file but I think it is somehow related to not seeing the original csr that was made to create the certificate..

help me pwease.. 8)

I did get one message...

when you got to certificates and choose a certificate that is there are you have added you can select it and then click on set..

when I do that...

..SSL certificate is currently being reloaded, please wait... If Plesk does not respond, please access the server and restart the admin web server manually...

Normally this process times out and when it did, I restarted the Plesk because it was running really slow to begin with. It has helped on speed but now even in the list when it states in used the certs were set to 0 and no longer have the use as 1 as it did before..

One thing I will say for this, is that the original default certificate doesn't have any uses listed as well. o_O

adding more

Ok I went ahead and tried one more time for giggles and it is just saying the csr was not supplied so why is it not attached itself when the renewed certificate was created with the original csr.

Why isn't that part being associated.. I didn't create the new certificate so I cannot tell what csr information was used to create it.. would this be an indication that they didn't use the correct information to create the certificate or is there a problem with how plesk and openssl are communicating and what can I do to remedy this?

Back