• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IIS Not provisioned because fcgiext.ini is 'locked'

tino

Basic Pleskian
It happens very frequently that IIS will not get provisioned for a site if fcgiext.ini is presumably locked. (The skeleton is created, but the virtual IIS server is NOT created.)

If you then change the physical hosting details, and save the hosting info, the fcgiext.ini is correctly written, but IIS won't get reprovisioned, rendering the site useless. (Since the virtual IIS server still isn't there.)

The only 'workaround' I have found is to backup the site, delete it, recreate it without any hosting and restore the backup.

This is a pain.

What's locking the fcgiext.ini file? If I manually check it, it's not locked or in use by any other process.

Tino

This is getting really painful. After 2 domains, all other domains give me problems provisioning PHP(5) as a FastCGI application.
When I check the fcgiext.ini file, I see that .php is added to the FastCGI settings, but the other extensions fail (.php5, .phtml). I have to manually add them to the file.

Since FastCGI is, in my opinion, currently the 'best' PHP solution for windows, this really should get fixed... (CGI is too slow, ISAPI gives me too many problems)

Tino

Hmm... It went okay for a few domains... but the dreaded error is back again. :-(

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to reconfigure Web server: websrvmng failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Error code 32) at Open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\fcgiext.ini'

Hmm... It went okay for a few domains... but the dreaded error is back again. :-(

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to reconfigure Web server: websrvmng failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Error code 32) at Open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\fcgiext.ini'

Hello tino,

Thank you for the report.
We cannot reproduce this issue in our lab. What number of domains should be configured with PHP FastCGI to reproduce this isue?
It would be good to obtain access to your problem server to look at issue on site.

Hello tino,

Please try to increase the following parameter

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSAConfig\Config]
"TmpIniFileCopyCount" = dword:0x000003E8

Please inform me about result.

Okay, I've put it in place.
Looks okay, but let's give it a few days. :)

Now we wait for a DNS Aliasses fix. :)

Tino

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have exactly the same problem

except im running version 9, ive tried downloading the hotfix, but doesnt work.

I've also tried looking in the registry for [HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSAConfig\Config]
"TmpIniFileCopyCount" = dword:0x000003E8

but it doesnt exist.

the exact error message is

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Error code 32) at Open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\fcgiext.ini'

Im trying to add a domain / or subdomain - same message.

Looks like we have to do some troubleshooting ourselves. Perhaps filemon (or whatever it's called nowadays) will shine some light on this.

Tino

I don´t have the ini for FastCGI and if i look in IIS theres i can´t find any icon with FASTCGI name on it for default configuration. What is wrong? the technicians miss the installation of FastCGI or what???
If i look into c:\windows\system32\inetsrv there no ini for fastcgi!!

Thanks in advance.

Back