• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Image issue after transfer

octoma

New Pleskian
Hi, all. I'm new to Plesk, and I ran into a strange issue.

I transferred about 300k images (jpg) one directory to another all within the same httpdocs directory. The strange thing is that the files aren't working. and have an icon with a [01] instead of normal image icon. It all looks well from my FTP client, but, when I go into Plesk file manager, then I notice the issue. the file name contains the proper extension but here is where it gets really strange.

1) Both Plesk and Fftp show a file size but, when I download the file to my PC it shows 0-bytes
2) If I try to rename the file viaPlesk file manager and click ok without actually renaming or changing anything, the file is fixed. (see Photo)
3) If I try to rename the file via FTP client nothing changes at all. only works when I use Plesk file manager.

I have way too many files to manually go through and rename them in Plesk file manager so, I tried bash rename from .jpg to .gif and nothing! It won't change them... I think the issue is it can't see the .jpg extension to make the change. The directory is set to 0777 along with all of the files in it.

any ideas?

screen.jpg

thanks for replying Peter.
I used
Code:
rsync -a -v --ignore-existing src dst /var/www/vhosts/file location/. /var/www/vhosts/file dest

Ok, after trying a few things, I suspect that somehow the extension became a part of the actual file name or... something??
I ran a few rename options but nothing worked until I tried this.
Code:
rename 's/jpg?.*/jpg/' *

I transferred a few files into a test directory and it worked perfectly to fix them BUT, when I try to use the command in the main directory, I get the following
:eek:
Code:
-bash: /usr/bin/rename: Argument list too long
Any ideas?

How about using a simple copy command instead of rsync:
# cp -R <source> <dest>
for example
# cp -R /var/www/vhosts/<source subscription>/<source directory> /var/www/vhosts/<target subscription>
Or all files within the same /httpdocs directory to another directory even simpler
# cp -R /<source>/*.* /<destination>

Back