• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

imap mail disappearing

X

xerrera

Hello,

I have the following problem with the IMAP mail only with one domain on my plesk 7.5.1 server.

When I open outlook (also tried it with Entourage on a Mac) and check for the e-mail in two IMAP boxes, I see for one box the mail disappearing, and in the other box the message are marked for deletion.

When I SSH to this server and check in /var/qmail/mailnames/ etc for the mailfolders, the inbox folder (cur folder) is indeed empty.

Because I have tried it with two different email programs I think the problem lies on the server. Does anybody knows what can cause this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot
Regards
Joost

Are you sure there are no other machines with Outlook/OutlookExpress/other mail client which may have the account defined as a POP account? Which would remove the messages after downloading, but of course y'all already know that.

I had a client once that had setup his account on a relative's PC but forgot to delete his account after he was done visiting, and he kept wondering why his emails never showed up on his office PC after that ...lol

Back