1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

imap mail disappearing

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by xerrera, May 1, 2005.

1. xerrera

xerrera Guest

Hello,

I have the following problem with the IMAP mail only with one domain on my plesk 7.5.1 server.

When I open outlook (also tried it with Entourage on a Mac) and check for the e-mail in two IMAP boxes, I see for one box the mail disappearing, and in the other box the message are marked for deletion.

When I SSH to this server and check in /var/qmail/mailnames/ etc for the mailfolders, the inbox folder (cur folder) is indeed empty.

Because I have tried it with two different email programs I think the problem lies on the server. Does anybody knows what can cause this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot
    Regards
    Joost

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Are you sure there are no other machines with Outlook/OutlookExpress/other mail client which may have the account defined as a POP account? Which would remove the messages after downloading, but of course y'all already know that.

I had a client once that had setup his account on a relative's PC but forgot to delete his account after he was done visiting, and he kept wondering why his emails never showed up on his office PC after that ...lol