• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IMP From field problem

K

knocx

have just noticed that users can send anonym email messages through IMP , when i click on the compose link
i can edit the email adress that shows up in the From field!!
and imp send the mail ??

i.e i can change the from field to [email protected] , and sends the email

how can i disable that? i had checked the prefs.php and hook.php but cant find any solution to this issue..

any ideas?

knocx

This is a historical email systemdesign problem, you can do this in any email client.

well i didt mean this;

instead of "input type editable text field " the from adress can be retrieved as a variable text in compose.php, thus the sender can not modify the from address, during compose mail action.

This is just a design problem of IMP , i had examined compose php but couldnt find a code lines regarding to this.

What version of Plesk, Horde, and IMP are you running?

According to what I have found on horde.org's board, IMP 3.2x (Horde 2.2x) should not allow editable From fields in the compose window.

Plesk 7.5.3 installs Horde 3.0.x and IMP 4.0.x and without any type of mods, I have not seen in the compose window, any editable From field, just the Identity Selection list.

Of course, when you go to Options you can then change the From address for a particular identity - Is this where you are referring to??

Back