• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Impossible to change Plesk admin password

MiTo

Basic Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk "Bugnyx" 17.0.17, Windwos Server 2012R2, x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Impossible to change Administrator's password in Plesk. Says ALWAYS
upload_2016-11-5_8-24-47.png

But the old password IS NOT incorrect as i use it daily to login....
I tried both - serveradmin and pleskadmin which i configured at first login.
And Plesk Help tells me -as you can see on the pic- stories about the user GUI....very helpful

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Try to change the password

ACTUAL RESULT

See pic

EXPECTED RESULT

Changing my password

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

not available

As i have the feeling that i am getting ignored by the forum team after i criticised a bit that i get just links as an answer....nobody of the team answers my questions anymore since 3 days. As this is a commercial product for which i paid i expect professional behave from the team here and if i don't get any help or answer again, i will complain at plesk support now...sorry dudes...

Hi MiTo,

As i have the feeling that i am getting ignored by the forum team after i criticised a bit that i get just links as an answer....nobody of the team answers my questions anymore since 3 days. As this is a commercial product for which i paid i expect professional behave from the team here and if i don't get any help or answer again, i will complain at plesk support now...sorry dudes...
...well... in Germany, we have a saying ( I'm not sure if makes sense, when translated... but anyways... ) "Like someone roars into the forest, it echoes back". ;)

Pls. be informed, that this forum is a COMMUNITY - Forum and not the "Plesk - Official Support". Pls. have a look at for example: => https://www.plesk.com/support/
Community Forums
Connect with fellow Pleskians
on our Forums. Find the answers, meet your people.
... or as well: => READ THIS FIRST TO FIND QUICK SOLUTION FOR THE EXISTING ISSUE/QUESTION
Plesk - Official Support- https://www.plesk.com/contact-us/support/

• The Plesk - Official Support can be reached 24h/day, 7 days/week, and 365 days/year. The well-trained and highly educated Plesk - Support - Team will investigate the issue directly on your server and they will document all of their steps to achieve the goal carefully. If the "self-service" - support from the Plesk - Forum, the Plesk - Knowledge Base, or from the Plesk - Documentations didn't fit your needs, or resolutions have to be solved right now, then this is the absolute best way for the Plesk - Product - customers. Open a support - ticket and receive support from experienced Plesk Support Engineers.
  • Please create a ticket to support at https://cscontact.plesk.com/form/32/?Product=Plesk . You may have free support, if it is found that your problem was caused by product bug w/o available solution or workaround from Plesk, then your purchase will be re-funded.
( important facts, are marked in RED )
There are as well Plesk - Team - Members registered here in the forum, but this doesn't mean, that they are commited to respond, as they are when you contact them over the "Plesk - Official Support" - contact options: => https://www.plesk.com/contact-us/support/#content-body

Hi UFHH01

Well, in Germany there is also the habit to act like an "Oberlehrer"....and i know that very well as i AM german....and left the country also bcs of this behave long time ago...
Staying in different places in the world with different cultures opened my mind and of course formed me in a different way....
But to proof that i am german i will also play "Oberlehrer" for a moment: "Wie man es in den Wald hineinsschreit....u.s.w" corresponding in english: "What goes around comes around"....*oberlehrer_ende* (I hope you can read between the lines and understand i am just ironic and funny...;))

Sorry, but how should it be helpful if you just post me some other links with common informations about the forum i already know ?
Do you have any ideas or infos how to solve my problem ? Would be very appreciated !
But sorry, i am already upset about the situation spending day by day trying to fix the bugs in Plesk on a freshly installed system, so it might not be very helpful to bother me with "education-training"...just my honest 2ct...

Btw. There is a plesk logo on top what means this forum is a "plesk-baby" and meant to provide answers for the customers who don't have purchased a support-plan. And they communicate that also that way...

I was never rude to anyone here in the forum and know (to use) words as "please and thanks" commonly. You can check out my former threads and see that i was communicating humble and friendly with anyone. But it should be allowed to give some gentle critics to someone of the team who always provides just some links without any statement or further questions... As far i know this is a FORUM which is meant to communicate and exchange knowledge but not a WIKI....

Anything else that i posted in a more sarcastic way just shows my experience and opinion about Plesk Onyx and is never meant to insult members here. I am running and administrating/moderating a couple of forums too and know well how to behave in a community.

If someone nevertheless feels offended by my comments, so please take my apologies as i never meant to be rude to other members who might have the same problems and just look for help....or to give help.

Hope that makes all clear and we don't need to discuss or being mad about each other....

( important facts, are marked in RED ):p

Have a nice day, greets from Thailand
MiTo aka Holger

Btw. i prefer to try to solve problems first here in and with the community as this benefits everyone who comes later and might have the same or similar problems. Official support for me is just the "last option". In short terms: I want to contribute ! ;)

Thx @IgorG
Just to clarify that i do not some supid thing...
We are talking about the ROOT-Password to logon to the Plesk-CP, right ?
And when i started Plesk the first time it asked me also to change the PW, but the one i set up there never worked.
Could it be that i have to change the PW on Windows with the Windows user manager ? Will Plesk recognize if i change the Administrator PW there ?
If so, this would be the easiest solution.... ;-)

We are talking about Plesk admin password. It is not related to Windows Administrator password.
So, you need to login to Plesk server via RDP connection as Windows Administrator, run cmd.exe and use admin.exe Plesk utility with --set-admin-password parameter as it is described in Plesk documentation.

Thx a lot IgorG ! That was never clear to me as i use for both the same login...

Back