• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue imunify360-dos-protection.service - failed

NITROFOX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57 Update #3
Hi,

After doing a log cleaning today on some websites and server, I started to have this error that I don't know the reason for, I can't solve it.

imunify360-dos-protection.service
Imunify360 DoS Protection
Failed
Execution status has failed with exit code 3, stdout: ● imunify360-dos-protection.service - Imunify360 DoS Protection
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/imunify360-dos-protection.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2023-12-08 13:52:03 WET; 27min ago
Main PID: 51866 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 5ms

Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: imunify360-dos-protection.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: imunify360-dos-protection.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 6.
Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: Stopped Imunify360 DoS Protection.
Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: imunify360-dos-protection.service: Consumed 5ms CPU time
Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: imunify360-dos-protection.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: imunify360-dos-protection.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 08 13:52:03 ip systemd[1]: Failed to start Imunify360 DoS Protection.
, stderr:

Attachments

• plesk.jpg
    plesk.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 4
I have this exact same message on Ubuntu, Plesk.

Are you running the latest version of plesk, almalinux and imunify?

Attachments

• dos protection error.PNG
    dos protection error.PNG
    77.5 KB · Views: 6
I have this exact same message on Ubuntu, Plesk.

Are you running the latest version of plesk, almalinux and imunify?
To add - My problem also started on the 8th - Just happened to be the date you raised the post? Or does your issue also start 8th December?

I fix in last days, basically, I uninstalled the extension and restarted the server, I don't know if installing it again the problem comes back, but since I don't use it, I don't care.

I fix in last days, basically, I uninstalled the extension and restarted the server, I don't know if installing it again the problem comes back, but since I don't use it, I don't care.
@NITROFOX
Uninstalled Imunify360? just the DOS Protection module? Or just unticked it in the settings, rebooted and re-enabled?

We did have a malware attack on another server using Imunify. Immunify was compromised somehow.

I assumed it was a problem with immunify and only got the notification of malware detection when out backup provider scanned the files.

So I had already uninstalled it ready to reinstall and activate. Unfortunately by doing so the malware could do its thing and reset the root password. At this point I rebuilt the server from backup.

This is our live site, so I really dont want to have to uninstall immunify and put it back again if this is what you mean.

We completely uninstall Imunify360 from the extensions. Especially because it doesn't work without a key, and we don't have a key. In addition, we have the free version active in the extensions and it works.

In case of such errors, it is advisable to contact the software developers directly. I also encountered this issue. After exchanging a few words with the support and developers on their portal, this issue will be fixed in version 7.7.2. You don't need to uninstall the software. Just restart the service, and it will work.

Back