• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question ImunifyAV alternatives

IT Ufficio Key-One

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.63 #4
Hi, ImunifyAV will be deprecated soon, new Imunify360 has a cost-per-user that could be high and, when installed, it substitutes ModSecurity... that's a invasive approach in my opinion.

Other alternatives just to have a website malware scan?

Thanks.

The "Imunify - ImunifyAV+" version/edition is the directly comparable counterpart of the current "ImunifyAV" extension.
Same price and same feature set, i.e. more or less only the website malware scanning service, without all the Imunify360 baggage.

@IT Ufficio Key-One, good question. I am on the look out for an alternative as well. It a shame really, as far as I now there is no real substitute in the extension catalog.

@ChristophRo if I am not mistaken all features from ImunifyAV/AV+ and Imunify360 are getting merged together into an extension now simply called "Imunify". The stand alone ImunifyAV/AV+ products are going to be deprecated and will cease to exist.

Not quite, they merged the ImunifyAV and the Imunify360 extension into a singe extension named Imunify.
Within that extension you can then use/purchase several editions and one of them is the ImunifyAV+ (that does more or less exactly what the paid edition of the old ImunifyAV extension did)
imunify.png

And just for the record, we do use the paid edition of ImunifyAV on many servers.
I've already migrated some over to Imunify and it really is the same, just with a different skin. (not for the best in some aspects)

Hi @ChristophRo , I realize now that the pricing is quite different compared to a week ago...

I had seen only Imunify360 "per user" pricing, instead the combo Imunify - ImunifyAV+ that should fit our needs, both in free version and in paid version.

This changes the scenario. I will explore it now.

Thanks.

Back