• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question In which cases is the "Package Update Manager notification" sent (what's the logic behind it)?

King555

Regular Pleskian
I have to admit that this question is not vital, but I'm curious. And also I think that I get too many notifications, which is more annoying than useful.

When new updates for my system are available, Plesk or the "PUM" sends a "Package Update Manager notification" via mail.

I did not install updates for 1.5 weeks ( I will do it now) and while viewing the list of mails today, I wondered why I get mails sometimes daily, then only every second day. And sometimes there are no new updates compared to the previous mail, sometimes there are.

Is there a logic behind this behaviour? In my opinion, there should only be a new notification when additional updates are available. Or, to remind of updates, every X days. Currently it does not make sense to me.

And there is an additional thing to mention (but I have to check it again today/tomorow to be sure): When I install all the updates, I still get the notification on the next morning. It looks like the mail is sent before checking for updates. But as I said, I have to verify this behaviour. I think I will open a bug report if this is happening again. The main question of the thread is only a question and I don't think I have to post a report.

Back