• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Inadvertantly publishing as HTML

• Thread starter William Courtney
  • Start date
W

William Courtney

I don't know how it happened, or what I changed while adding content in the plesk sitebuilder, but now I only have the option to publish the entire site as *.html when it used to all be *.php. I didn't know this could happen and had no warning, so I did publish the site as html and now all my links are broken.

So what is the solution?

I suppose I could continue with the site as html, but the problem with that is that I have phpBB installed and miraculously managed to link the logo at the top of the forum index page to go back to my main site's homepage, and I did this with absolutely no skill in coding. However, it did require hours into days of searching and reading, and that was two months ago, so I don't want to go through that again. Trust me; it would be much easier on me if I could revert my site back to php AND have plesk publish to php like it used to.

Plus it sucks trying to go into every link I made and fix the file formats. Many thanks up front for any help!

P.S. After think hard about what I did while I was writing all that, I remember some of the changes I was experimenting with: Here is a link to my site http://addystonbuzz.com/ --- okay, I was trying to use fewer to no sidebar links, and redesigned the front page to have hyperlinks to the pages listed on the side because for a while, I thought the sidebar link were ugly. So I did that, but didn't publish. Then I changed my mind again and re-checked the "show this page in sit map" toggle down in the left hand corner on those pages. Then I clicked the "remove Design Template" button (because I was experimenting, mind you), then I restored it. Then I spent about five hours adding photos and photo links in the historical photo section. Then I published, and it was broken. Please help me - I'm stupid, but patient.

Create a page that contains a feedback form but make the page invisible (hidden from the menu). Or add a photo gallery, eshop, blog - any of those module pages - and hide it since I'm assuming you won't want to use it. Then things will publish as PHP pages.

Back