• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Inbound email not received on Horde webmail

himnepal

New Pleskian
Hello Friends,
I got inbound email not received issue on Horde webmail after updating of Gmail MX records. I am using Google Apps for Staff email accounts which is now crossing its limit so, I am trying to use webmail accounts under my domain. I can send email through my Horde webmail but I couldnt receive emails into those accounts.

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
Control Panel: Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9
Webmail Services:
Horde IMP (4.3.11)
MailEnable Web Client 2.0

Mail Server Settings:
Relay options:
Relaying:
authorization is required: SMTP (SMTP checkbox selected)
Use no relay restrictions for the IP address/mask: 127.0.0.1/32

++++++++
I would be very thankful if anyone has solution for my problem.
In my Parallels Plesk Panel I have seen Download SmarterMail link. Can I use both SmarterMail and Google Apps for my domain?

Thank you,
himnepal

It looks like mail server which is installed on Plesk server has nothing do to here. As long as you use external mail exchange server (gmail) all mail messages go to gmail MX server first. Then gmail MX handles the mail and forwards processed mail directly to your Plesk server. It does not matter which mail server you use (MailEnable, SmarterMail or Icewarp). To make sure that mail is delivered from gmail servers you need to check MailEnable logs or inbound queue (you can do it using mailenable.msc). If mail is really delivered to your server then it needs to dig what is going on with MailEnable. If mail is not delivered from gmail then you need to contact to gmail support team.

Dear Sad,
Thank you for your suggestion. Actually both Mailing Services Google Apps and MailEnable are functional for own mailboxes. But, not communicating with each other.
Here I would like to explain my Domain’s Email System Problem through below diagram.

Inbound-email-not-received.png

I hope you have understood the issue. I have doubt on my “Mail Server Setting”.

Expert’s suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you,
himnepal

As long as Mailing Services Google Apps can not send a mail to your Plesk server then the most expert answer can be given by Google Apps support team.
From my point of view it looks like that MX records for your domain are pointing to Google Apps but not to your domain created in Plesk therefore all mail delivering goes to domain in Google Apps. So if Mailing Services Google Apps is not configured to re-send all mail or mail to specific mail account to your Plesk server then mail will never by delivered to your Plesk server from out world.

As for the fact that mail accounts on Plesk server are able to send mail to each other and to domain in Mailing Services Google Apps then there is no nothing strange. According to RFC if there is a local domain in mail server then mail passing through this mail server will be delivered exactly to this domain. If this domain is not found in local mail server then mail server relies the mail to mail server which is defined in MX records in domain DNS zone.

If domain in Google cloud is not configure to forward a mail to your Plesk server then it sends all mail to itself. And if you try to send a mail to [email protected] then it will be sent to mail system 2.

That's a stuff.

Back