• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Including an App in a Service Plan

bikepope

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #3
Hello

I would like to add to the Service Plans Extentions. Is it possible to do this?

Now there are only the Standard Applications. But if I want to add now also for example "PHP Composer" or "Ruby"? I download these apps and then make them available to the individual Service Plan.

The customer can then select them in their account. Is this even possible and is it complicated?

Greetings

OK. So it is not possible now. But do I add apps to a service plan? Do I have to add them in the administrator account first so that they are available in the service plans?
This feature is yet to be added. One matching Uservoice feature request that you might want to vote for is Please extension availability based on condition
OK. So it is not possible now. But do I add apps to a service plan? Do I have to add them in the administrator account first so that they are available in the service plans?

For administrators, all features are available at all times. Features, extensions, components - whatever a user wants to use it must be installed on the server beforehand. Some features can be enabled or disabled in a service plan, others cannot. For your features PHP Composer and Ruby these are extensions. Extensions cannot be made available or disabled through a service plan.

For administrators, all features are available at all times. Features, extensions, components - whatever a user wants to use it must be installed on the server beforehand. Some features can be enabled or disabled in a service plan, others cannot. For your features PHP Composer and Ruby these are extensions. Extensions cannot be made available or disabled through a service plan.
So, if I understand correctly, the user (customer) can install the apps themselves? I have created a test user, but do not see anywhere the possibility to install apps? Does the user need a special permission in the backend by the administrator?

I am lacking imagination here what installation of apps could mean. Are you missing this link?

1685631651297.png

OK i have tried. But there are some apps. I have not selected any particular app in the service plan. Now I am wondering how to add new apps to this service plan? When I add apps to the admin page they are not available in any service plan. So how do I load an additional app to a service plan?

You don't load apps to a service plan. You can click the "Applications" tab in a plan and then check "Provide only applications that I select". Then you can pick the applications that your users can install from the "Apps" menu of their subscription.

You don't load apps to a service plan. You can click the "Applications" tab in a plan and then check "Provide only applications that I select". Then you can pick the applications that your users can install from the "Apps" menu of their subscription.
Hello
Yes I have already seen that. The question is actually how do I add additional apps to the list? In cPanel I can add apps for different service plans.

Attachments

• list.JPG
    list.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 3
Tools & Settings > Applications & Databases > Application Vault
Then "My Apps" tab --> "Add App" button

1685811028253.png

From there you can either add an own APS package or select one from the catalog.

Tools & Settings > Applications & Databases > Application Vault
Then "My Apps" tab --> "Add App" button

View attachment 23481

From there you can either add an own APS package or select one from the catalog.
OK, I found this. Is the catalog only visible if you have a license? We are still looking at whether to go with Plesk or cPanel.

Attachments

• plesk2.JPG
    plesk2.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 3
There can be a number of reasons why this list is empty. Have you checked what URL is used in the panel.ini file for the catalog for example? From your description I think that the Softaculous extension will be a much better fit for you anyway. Have you considered using that? The APS catalog will be replaced in future versions of Plesk anyway, so maybe it is strategically better to go with the Softaculous extension as that provides a wealth of applications for your customers.

Back