• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Incoming & Outgoing suddenly not working (but *some* emails coming in?)

caryatnid

New Pleskian
Hi there. I'm a n00b. I'm using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32.

I have different customers/domains. On one domain, the webmail is suddenly (since yesterday) unable to send/receive emails *most of the time*.

I've tried to send an email from the account - it goes to the sent folder, with no error message, however it doesn't get to the recipient (I've checked Junk). Likewise, I've tried to send an email to this inbox - it looks sent from my end, but doesn't arrive. However, strangely, the inbox *is* able to receive some emails - e.g. it seems to be still receiving spam emails and Newsletter emails (e.g. an ASOS email was received).

Nothing was changed (that I can see) between the emails working & not. The emails have been working fine for about two months (since it was on Plesk). I'm checking the emails on webmail - i.e. to eliminate issues that Outlook/phone mail etc. may be causing.

Please, can anyone help me figure this out?

Many thanks,
Caryatnid

In case of any problems with mail, you need to start the investigation by examining the entries in the mail log (/var/log/maillog) and the webmail log (in case of Horde it is /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log and for Roundcube it is /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors)
Try to find there records of errors related to the problem.

Back