• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Inconsistent subdomain DNS behaviour

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello !

I am having a little bit of an issue here. Nameservers have been set up fine, everything works fine for a week now. The only issue is that even if I have a subdmain set up for some time now, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I have no idea what is causing that, probably the DNS. Yesterday for example, my pma.bio-vita.no subdomain worked, today, the hostname is not found anymore. Few days ago, not found, some time after that, it works.

The server works, the configuration is done correctly, I don't change anything in the DNS, I don't restart the server or anything, it just fails.

ZaHb4NY.png

As a lookup on that subdomain:

- The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: pma.bio-vita.no
Type: connection
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for pma.bio-vita.no

I have just added a new subdomain called "panel" today, will see how that works when the DNS gets updated. Here's the DNS settings.

hni5Z6g.png

Is there something I'm missing ?

@Lloyd_mcse , I have figured out the DNS is not working because Plesk fails to set the correct serial in RIPE format.

5hiV0td.png

Look at this, even though the settings are the same for all domains in plesk, I've disabled / enabled the DNS service for the entire server, then unchecked ( saved ) - checked-back (saved ) in SOA records tab for bio-vita.no to use the serial in RIPE format. It just doesn't want to "update" the serial therefore the DNS zone file cannot be transfered.
Do you have any idea how can I "reset" the DNS or update it... ?

I have already tried /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --update-soa bio-vita.no which returns a SUCCESS: Updating SOA record for bio-vita.no

I just can't get the server to replace that old configuration of the zone file with the one that is in Plesk panel at the moment. There's no nsa.bio-vita.no, and the serial is 0 for some reason. Any advice ? I just don't know what to do.

Hi Edi,
sorry I've been really busy, I just checked and it looks like a serial is now set?
Are you still having issues?
Regards

Lloyd

Hey @Lloyd_mcse , I have set that manually in named/var, then Inhave restarted the BIND server from Plesk Panel.

This way the Serial is not 0 anymore. But if I go and add some orher subdomain or save any change in the DNS for bio-vita.no in Plesk the file gets overwritten back to 0. I have unchecked / re-checked the use RIPE format but it just keeps om overwriting the serial to 0 inthe zone file. I have to add it manually then restart the BIND process.

Now I know for surethat it is coming from plesk. Problem is I cannot gent any support since my license comes from a reseller ( hetzner ) and they tell me to ask for help at Hetzner, then again, hetzner points me back to Odin because their servers are not mamaged so they cannot help...

Hmm, have you set the serial format in...

Tools & Settings > DNS Template > SOA Records Template

Regards

Lloyd

@Lloyd_mcse yes, it works perfectly for every other domain, but for this one it just overwrites the serial to 0 in the zone file in named/var/bio-vita.no

http://imgur.com/oNVR2as

I have tried checking and un checking the checkbox, restarted the dns service, reseted the default template in the domain itself, plesk just overwrites this domain only.

Back