• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

INCORRECT Disk Space Calculation in Case of using external FTP Backup Storage

kselp12

New Pleskian
Hello,

let me try to explain the issue one of my costumer have. My Plesk Server runs ‪Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS‬ with Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #24, last updated at Mar 4, 2016 03:51 AM.

My costumer has the following subscription Plan:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-04 um 18.29.22.png

In his Panel it shows: Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-04 um 18.30.58.png

As you can see there are approx. 300 MB space left.

But the User receives the following Mail daily since 3 Weeks: (shortened)

Subject: Notification: Resource usage by subscription has exceeded the allotments.
Date: 4. März 2016 um 03:33:44 MEZ
To: "Server Administrator []"
Reply To "Server Administrator []"

Dear User,

"The 'domain.tld' subscription, owned by user 'Customer Name', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:

Disk Space: 1000 MB limit / 685 MB (68%) used / 315 MB (32%) remaining
There is no Overuse of Disk Space by the subscription of the costumer but Plesk sends every day its reminder.

Are FTP Backups on an external FTP-Storage being included in the storage calculation?
The User has an 3 GB External FTP-Storage for his Plesk-Backups and there are almost 2,4 GB used.

It seems to me that Plesk not recognized that there is an external Storage and therefore the calculation is incorrect!

I opened a Support-Ticket but the support closed it because of my delay in responding. Now I cannot open/reopen a new ticket and the support does not answer any more.

I want to get rid of the daily Status-Notfication with incorrect content without turning notifications off.

Please help or give Advice.

Thanks!

Andrew

Back