• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

incorrect information in 'misc' table

M

muddrake

Did a clean install of 8.1 on core 5, (well, maybe 'clean' isnt a good word in regards to plesk installs, it was certainly not painless).

After I got plesk up, and the control panel seemed to be running fine, I created a new client, and added several domains.

The next time I tried to login to the control panel, I got the following error:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:213
db_query(string 'select param, val from misc')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:492
get_param(string 'mysql41_compatible')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:389
db_set_names()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:368
db_connect_real(string 'localhost', string 'admin', string '********', string 'psa')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:348
db_connect()
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:87

I am about at the end of my patience with plesk, I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

(last note: mysql reports...)

mysql> CHECK TABLE misc;
+----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| psa.misc | check | error | Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm' |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

It seems 'misc' table is corrupted or something. If it is not possible to repair it I can suggest only restore it from latest good mysql dump. You can find Plesk daily dumps here: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
The latest one should be /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
Just unpack this archive, get only one table 'misc'. After that delete it in Plesk database and restore from the dump.

It turns out there were several corrupted tables, but yes - thank you, this tactic eventually resolved the issue.

I am very concerned though, this was a brand new installation. New OS, new install of Plesk with the first client.

now i want to use your article :
((It seems 'misc' table is corrupted or something. If it is not possible to repair it I can suggest only restore it from latest good mysql dump. You can find Plesk daily dumps here: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
The latest one should be /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
Just unpack this archive, get only one table 'misc'. After that delete it in Plesk database and restore from the dump.))

============================

i find /var/lib/psa/dumps/ in my server via SSH explorer
then i find /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
and when i pressed :gzip -d -f mysql.daily.dump.0.gz
it change to mysql.daily.dump.0

now what should i do in next step ?
reply me exactly step by step

Back