1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

incorrect information in 'misc' table

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by muddrake, Jan 21, 2007.

1. muddrake

muddrake Guest

Did a clean install of 8.1 on core 5, (well, maybe 'clean' isnt a good word in regards to plesk installs, it was certainly not painless).

After I got plesk up, and the control panel seemed to be running fine, I created a new client, and added several domains.

The next time I tried to login to the control panel, I got the following error:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
    MySQL query failed: Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:213
    db_query(string 'select param, val from misc')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:492
    get_param(string 'mysql41_compatible')
    2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:389
    db_set_names()
    3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:368
    db_connect_real(string 'localhost', string 'admin', string '********', string 'psa')
    4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:348
    db_connect()
    5: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:87

I am about at the end of my patience with plesk, I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

(last note: mysql reports...)

mysql> CHECK TABLE misc;
    +----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
    | Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
    +----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
    | psa.misc | check | error | Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm' |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

2. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    It seems 'misc' table is corrupted or something. If it is not possible to repair it I can suggest only restore it from latest good mysql dump. You can find Plesk daily dumps here: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
    The latest one should be /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
    Just unpack this archive, get only one table 'misc'. After that delete it in Plesk database and restore from the dump.

3. muddrake

muddrake Guest

It turns out there were several corrupted tables, but yes - thank you, this tactic eventually resolved the issue.

I am very concerned though, this was a brand new installation. New OS, new install of Plesk with the first client.

4. drfarzad

drfarzad Guest

now i want to use your article :
    ((It seems 'misc' table is corrupted or something. If it is not possible to repair it I can suggest only restore it from latest good mysql dump. You can find Plesk daily dumps here: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
    The latest one should be /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
    Just unpack this archive, get only one table 'misc'. After that delete it in Plesk database and restore from the dump.))

============================

i find /var/lib/psa/dumps/ in my server via SSH explorer
    then i find /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
    and when i pressed :gzip -d -f mysql.daily.dump.0.gz
    it change to mysql.daily.dump.0

now what should i do in next step ?
    reply me exactly step by step