• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

incorrect information in 'misc' table

M

muddrake

Guest
Did a clean install of 8.1 on core 5, (well, maybe 'clean' isnt a good word in regards to plesk installs, it was certainly not painless).

After I got plesk up, and the control panel seemed to be running fine, I created a new client, and added several domains.

The next time I tried to login to the control panel, I got the following error:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:213
db_query(string 'select param, val from misc')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:492
get_param(string 'mysql41_compatible')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:389
db_set_names()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:368
db_connect_real(string 'localhost', string 'admin', string '********', string 'psa')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:348
db_connect()
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:87

I am about at the end of my patience with plesk, I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

(last note: mysql reports...)

mysql> CHECK TABLE misc;
+----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
| psa.misc | check | error | Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm' |
+----------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
 
It seems 'misc' table is corrupted or something. If it is not possible to repair it I can suggest only restore it from latest good mysql dump. You can find Plesk daily dumps here: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
The latest one should be /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
Just unpack this archive, get only one table 'misc'. After that delete it in Plesk database and restore from the dump.
 
It turns out there were several corrupted tables, but yes - thank you, this tactic eventually resolved the issue.

I am very concerned though, this was a brand new installation. New OS, new install of Plesk with the first client.
 
now i want to use your article :
((It seems 'misc' table is corrupted or something. If it is not possible to repair it I can suggest only restore it from latest good mysql dump. You can find Plesk daily dumps here: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
The latest one should be /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
Just unpack this archive, get only one table 'misc'. After that delete it in Plesk database and restore from the dump.))

============================


i find /var/lib/psa/dumps/ in my server via SSH explorer
then i find /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz.
and when i pressed :gzip -d -f mysql.daily.dump.0.gz
it change to mysql.daily.dump.0

now what should i do in next step ?
reply me exactly step by step
 
Back
Top