• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Incorrect notification mails about resource usage

Olray

Basic Pleskian
I keep getting "news" from Plesk claiming my resources are used up or close to being used up. Unfortunately my Plesk and myself have different definitions of the word "close."

The 'XXXXXXX.de' subscription, owned by user 'YYYYYY', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:
Speicherplatz: 50 GB Grenze / 18603.1 MB (36%) Verwendet / 32596.9 MB (64%) Verbleibend

(I don't mind the 50% German and 50% English in that one, however, my users might be confused)

As you can see, the user used up a merely 36% of his disk space and keeps getting the mail on a daily basis. To me the word suitable to "close to 100%" is around 90% and it's not necessary to mail this thing to the user every day.

I'd like to define the percentage this message is sent as well as the language and the interval it is sent. Also I'd like the message to be sent only when the usage increases significantly (i.e. every 1% or 2%)

OR I'd like to turn off this feature.

Plese tell me if it's possible (i.e. by creating "custom" system files of Plesk, I have shell experience) to have this behavior changed as requested. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS

I use neither soft nor hard limits on my disk space. For all service plans the mail notification is turned off. Also checking the subscriptions and the email notification of the two known accounts that receive wrong notification mails is set to unchecked. I have set the notification level from "X GB" to "95%" now and will see if there is another message in my inbox tomorrow.

Back