• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Increase spamd max-children

RattleSn@ke

New Pleskian
[SOLVED] Increase spamd max-children

Hello!

My question is plain and simple, does anyone know how I can raise the --max-children to lets say 25 instead of the max 5 that is possible through the webinterface.

Please let me know...
Thanks!
Onno.

Look in /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin

or if you are running qmail-scanner, look at /etc/qmail-scanner.ini

Originally posted by jwdick
Look in /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin

or if you are running qmail-scanner, look at /etc/qmail-scanner.ini
Thanks for your reply, but when I change the num of workers through the CP to lets say 3, /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin isn't updated so I don't think it would be of any help when I change the file.

Also qmail-scanner.ini isn't there.

Thanks!

I try to explain you such activity:

Actually, it is important to limit the maximum children for spamd, because if there is a large spam attack - too many processes are started and the system can run out of resources (memory & swap).

So, since 8.1 this parameter was limited I guess.

Originally posted by Hedgren
In the earlier plesk versions there was such option in /etc/psa/psa.conf, but now it is obsolete: http://kb.swsoft.com/en/787
I guess, it was done for a reason.
Thank you Hedgren!
And for unika, the reason I wanted this value higher than the Plesk max of 5, is because sometimes I've customers where the qmail-send dies and it takes hours to process the queued mail and SA is complaining that the max children has been reached.

So at that moment I've to raise it so the queue is faster empty.

Thanks you all!
Onno.

is there a way to change this above 5.
my mail queue gets backed up still.
Mar 6 00:46:01 email2 spamd[10245]: spamd: got connection over /tmp/spamd_full.sock
Mar 6 00:46:01 email2 spamd[10234]: prefork: child states: BBBBB
Mar 6 00:46:01 email2 spamd[10234]: prefork: server reached --max-children setting, consider raising it

update in mysql psa.misc

http://kb.odin.com/en/787

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -e "update psa.misc set val='25' where param='spamfilter_max_children'"

/etc/init.d/psa-spamassassin restart

ps auxww | grep spamd
and look at:
spamd ... --max-children 25 ...

Back