1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

INFO: I need to start mysqld after upgrade to ART's 4.0.24-2 (also for 4.0.24-1)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by niel, Mar 19, 2005.

1. niel

niel Guest

Hi,

I'm posting this here because ART's forum DB seems to be down, maybe it is related to this info:

I have upgraded my FC2 and FC3 boxes to:

Code:
    mysql.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art
    mysql-compat.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art
    mysql-devel.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art
    mysql-server.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art

In FC3, I had to re-start mysqld after upgrade. I recommend you to upgrade this way:

Code:
    # yum install mysql mysql-compat mysql-devel mysql-server && /etc/init.d/mysqld stop 

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

In FC2, I had some more trouble with mysql-compat due to the same issue (mysqld not running after upgrade):

Code:
    packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    packagemng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

System error 2: No such file or directory

error: %trigger(psa-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

error: %trigger(psa-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

So I recommend you to upgrade this way:

Code:
    # yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server && /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start && yum install mysql-compat && /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

Regards