• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

INFO: I need to start mysqld after upgrade to ART's 4.0.24-2 (also for 4.0.24-1)

N

niel

Hi,

I'm posting this here because ART's forum DB seems to be down, maybe it is related to this info:

I have upgraded my FC2 and FC3 boxes to:

Code:
mysql.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art
mysql-compat.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art
mysql-devel.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art
mysql-server.i386 0:4.0.24-2.rhfc3.art

In FC3, I had to re-start mysqld after upgrade. I recommend you to upgrade this way:

Code:
# yum install mysql mysql-compat mysql-devel mysql-server && /etc/init.d/mysqld stop 

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

In FC2, I had some more trouble with mysql-compat due to the same issue (mysqld not running after upgrade):

Code:
packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
packagemng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

System error 2: No such file or directory

error: %trigger(psa-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

error: %trigger(psa-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

So I recommend you to upgrade this way:

Code:
# yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server && /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start && yum install mysql-compat && /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

Regards

Back