• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Info on updating MariaDB

riga75

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 Update #4
I have a server with many sites with WordPress, Joomla and Prestashop, I have as OS Debian 10.13 and Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56 Update #4, last updated on Nov 8, 2023 06:26 AM
I have MariaDb version 10.3.39

Inside the various Wordpress it tells me I have an old version of MariaDB and now if I do a new installation of Joomla 5 it tells me it can't do it because I must have at least MariaDb version 10.4
I was wondering if I could upgrade or are there any contraindications

thanks a lot

stefano

This article explains how to upgrade your MariaDB server:

Instead of upgrading to MariaDB 10.4, consider upgrading to an LTS (Long Term Support) version, like MariaDB 10.6 or 10.11. That will give you longer support for security updates and bugfixes:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12387689789207-Which-MariaDB-versions-are-supported-by-Plesk-

Hi Maarten, so there are no contraindications, I won't have any problems with the various sites I have on the server

MariaDB is designed with backward compatibility so that you can upgrade to a newer version without issues.
I suggest creating a snapshot before upgrading MariaDB if you use a VPS.

Back