• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install additional Components fail!

skellenb

New Pleskian
Hi,

When i try to install additional Components from within Plesk via "Add or Remove Components" from Home Site or via Tools & Settings -> Updates & Upgrades, then Plesk will crash.

I can select the Components to install then cklick "continue" and i see the message "installation started in background" but nothing happens... even after waiting 2 hours...

So i checked the tasks & processes running on this machine and there was no "autoinstaller" nor sw-engine-cgi running...

I tried this several times... everytime with the same result...

I tested the following Configs (fresh install):

VZ4.7 - OpenSUSE 12.1_x86_64 - Plesk 10.4.4
VZ4.7 - OpenSUSE 12.1_x86 - Plesk 10.4.4
VZ4.7 - OpenSUSE 12.1_x86_64 - Plesk 11

Can anybody help me solving this Problem?

Do you have any related error messages in autoinstaller logs from /tmp/ directory?

i could not find any Error Message in autoinstaller.log except the last few lines...

autoinstaller: read output of zypper --non-interactive --no-gpg-checks --xmlout install --dry-run --force-resolution psa-atmail
Check package set before installation
The following packages will be installed because they are required by the packages you selected for installation:
~empty~empty

no, i have not firewalled any ports... i can select all components i want to install, but autoinstaller will die after the message "Installation started in background"...

Try to run autoinstaller in CLI (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller) and check output.

...in CLI all went fine...

Seems to be another Problem, because not only the autoinstaller will die so also the sw-engine-cgi, when started from Web GUI ... i have to restart it manually...

No Problem when started from CLI...

Back