• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Install and Update Plesk - Can't connect to backend: No such file or directory

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I had problem with Updating ModSecurity. I saw that I was not the only one with that problem, and I followed instructions from there.
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/failed-to-install-the-modsecurity-rule-set.343336/#post-827295

I executed first command to remove modsecurity, and after that second to install it again, but I got error that autoinstaller is locked by another proccess.
I killed that PID, it was removing modsecurity component.
Also I renamed psa-installer.lock to psa-installer.lock-OLD and after that I was able to install mod security again.

But now When I'm trying to log into "Install and Update Plesk" I'm getting error "Can't connect to backend"

Before those commands I was able to do that.

Also, I can't start ModSecurity. I'm still getting still
"Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden Unable to download tortix rule set"

OK, now it works. I don't know how... I can log in "Install and update Plesk"

but still Can't turn on ModSecurity

"Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden Unable to download tortix rule set"

At the moment bugreport PPPM-6302 is under developer's investigation.

Back