• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install behind firewall / dns setup

T

timberman_r

I am getting ready to deploy plesk to 2 servers and have a question on DNS setup. How does the DNS get controlled as I will have private IP's on the inside and Public on the outside of the firewall. I see nothing in the online documentation saying this can even be done.

Thanks!
Russ

I have just completed this same thing with public IP's.
I had to use IPmaps in the router to map the public to private and bridged 1 public through the router/bridge.
From the private side I see the private IP's only on the private side and public as from any other net.

Hope this helps.

ouch

boy how many IP's did you have to do on this?
Sounds very tedious. But I'll look into it.

Thanks for the reply!

Russ

Have the servers use internal addresses, but have the dns setup for the sites with the external IP of the website/server. These are the records that will be propagated. The problem I ran into during testing though with 6.5 is that bind's config is lacking the commands needed to force it to forward requsts via port 53, so nothing was updating (even after adding the config lines). I don't have this problem with the PSA6 or 7, or windows DNS.

Back