• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Install failure on CentOS 7, CloudLinux - Mailboxes to lowercase format

Paulana Thompson

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've been at this for a few days now and have gotten far but am currently stumped. The output of

Code:
sh /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp17.0.17-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

is

Code:
START Bootstrapper 17.0.17 repair AT Sun Dec 18 07:30:17 UTC 2016

**** Product repair started.

===> Checking for previous installation ... found.
Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

Trying to start service mariadb... active
done
 Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
 Trying to find psa database... version is 017000017
 Trying to backup MySQL database... done
 MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.17.0.17-17.0.17.20161218-073017.dump.gz
 Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
 Checking for the group 'lock-manager'...
 Trying to add supplementary group 'lock-manager' for user 'psaadm'...  already there
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'apsc' (stage 'prep') is not required
 Trying to backup MySQL database... done
 MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.apsc.17.0.17-17.0.17.20161218-073021.dump.gz
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
Connection to APSC DB is possible
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'apsc' (stage 'post') is not required
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'core' (stage 'prep') is not required
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
Warning!
Unable to detect the fully qualified domain name of the host.
Please make sure that FQDN of the host is correctly specified in /etc/hosts and goes right after the host's IP address
(depending on your OS, you might need to set the host name in /etc/HOSTNAME or /etc/hostname).

Setting it to localhost.localdomain
 Trying to resolve hostname 'localhost.localdomain' and validate its IP address... done

Trying to set psa database version to 017000017... done
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
done
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
 Trying to rename mailboxes to lower case format...
WARNING!
Some problems are found during rename mailboxes to lower case format. Please run /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --convert-mailboxes-to-lowercase manually.(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair.log)

Continue...

Unable to set GrayListing handler
After end of upgrade for 'core' (stage 'post') following actions are registered as failed: 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20140327125800-upgrade_postfix_12_0_12 20160425172000-upgrade_gl_rules_17_0_12 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20140327125800-upgrade_postfix_12_0_12 20160425172000-upgrade_gl_rules_17_0_12 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20140327125800-upgrade_postfix_12_0_12 20160425172000-upgrade_gl_rules_17_0_12 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20140327125800-upgrade_postfix_12_0_12 20160425172000-upgrade_gl_rules_17_0_12 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20140327125800-upgrade_postfix_12_0_12 20160425172000-upgrade_gl_rules_17_0_12.
===> Plesk was not upgraded completely. See installation log for details.
 Trying to upgrade and repair Horde webmail configuration... Upgrade or repair for 'horde' (stage 'files') is not required
done
 Trying to upgrade and repair Fail2Ban configuration (bootstrapper-prep stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'fail2ban' (stage 'bootstrapper-prep') is not required
done
 Trying to upgrade and repair Fail2Ban configuration (bootstrapper-post stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'fail2ban' (stage 'bootstrapper-post') is not required
done
 Trying to stop service named-chroot... active
done
 Trying to register service named-chroot... done
 Trying to start service named-chroot... inactive
done
 Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mailsrv_entities_dump isn't yet on its place. Deferring mail_restore execution to a later stage
 Reconfiguring Apache web server...
 Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
 Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
 Reconfiguring WatchDog...
 Restoring SELinux contexts...
 Trying to register service sw-cp-server... done
 Trying to register service sw-engine... done
 Trying to register service dovecot... done
 Trying to register service psa... done
 Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
 Trying to configure SSL ciphers and protocols for: ... done
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
Errors occurred while performing the following actions: cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair final stage.
Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair_problems.log' for details.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mailsrv_entities_dump isn't yet on its place. Deferring mail_restore execution to a later stage

**** Product repair completed successfully.

The output of:

Code:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --convert-mailboxes-to-lowercase
This operation is not supported by the service node.

I've searched KB and forums and there is absolutely NOTHING about this error.

I intended to fix the FQDN once Plesk had been fully installed/configured, unless I should do that now.

Otherwise, I'm lost.

Thanks for the help.

Try to run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

and then

I supposed I'm missing yet another file (story of my entire install).

Code:
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... not found, skipped

What is the equivalent package name of "plesk-service-node-agent"?

Plesk is accessible at 8880, but yum doesn't recognize the package name.

# yum remove plesk-service-node-agent
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from CLN.
No Match for argument: plesk-service-node-agent
No Packages marked for removal

If I may...
WARNING!
Some problems are found during rename mailboxes to lower case format. Please run /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --convert-mailboxes-to-lowercase manually.(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair.log)

Continue...

Unable to set GrayListing handler
and also
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... not found, skipped

To me, this would indicate a major mess-up with the mail setup in general.

Which programs are you using? (Updates & Upgrade - Components - Mail). Might be worth a try to switch from qmail to postfix (or the other way round) and see what happens as this will [should] create a proper config for the new program. Would try the same for Courier/Dovecot.

Cheers, Tom

Whatever the issue was, it was likely a result of multiple install attempts, the last with a different configuration from the first 2 (maybe 3). My resolve was to uninstall completely using the Plesk-remove script and reinstall with only recommended settings.

The result was an install complete in less than 3 minutes with minor errors and I'm configuring my Plesk dashboard now. :)

Nonetheless, I still feel that the install script is still in development because my first errors were a result of complete misconfiguration on the script's end requiring me to configure a lot of things myself, like building the chroot environment for named-chroot service from scratch.

Thanks for all the help!

Back