• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install GeoTrust certificate problem

M

mkmko

I need to install a GeoTrust certificate on one of my domains. The domain is installed as domain.com, the certificate is issued for www.domain.com. So I checked the 'www' setting for that domain, but when trying to get files by https://, a default certificate is displayed rather than the installed one. I did install the GeoTrust certificate on domain.com using the private key and the certificate I've received by mail.

Do I need to create a subdomain called 'www' and leave the 'www' setting for the original domain switched off? Or is the way I did it correct? Or did I miss something?

TIA,
Mik

hello,
Plesk7.5 for *nix doesn't work with a subdomain over ssl. The only way to get around this is, which takes up a domain from your license, create a new domain named www.domain.com.

The way you did configure your ssl by checking the www box IS correct.

Are you sure you are selecting the ssl cert in your IP pool? Make sure this is done as simply creating the ssl cert doesn't enable it automatically.

Best Regards,
poke

mkmko - Are you using the shared IP for hosting the domain? For a certificate you need to use an exclusive IP, unless it's a wildcard cert.

I have two ip addresses and the first one is set to shared. I'd like to set the other one exclusive to the cert domain. I'll give it a try.

Back