• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install Icingaweb2 // PHP problem

pete-fn

New Pleskian
Hi,
if I try to use my icingaweb2 installation via a vhost URL https://vhost/icingaweb2 every time my browser want's to download the php file instead it get's executet by the webserver.
PHP is enabled for that vhost.

I think the problem is that the icingaweb files are not in web server directory.
They're installed in directory /usr/share/icingaweb2

I already tried this php settings:
include_path .:/opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear:/usr/share/icingaweb2
open_basedir {WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}{:}/usr/share/icingaweb2{/}
but it doesn't help.

Anybody who can give me a tip?
I have similar problems with other tools which get installed with apt-get install command and they're not publishing their php files under webserver root directory.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Peter

i have the same problem and havent found a solution yet since weeks..
Did u find a solution or is anyone able to help on this topic?

I don't know the software in question, but most often the solution is to enable short open tags in PHP, because in some legacy software these are still used. However, newer PHP versions have them turned off by default. This results in code download instead of code execution.

Hey Peter,
thanks for your feedback. Already checked the short open tags and it's enabled in the vhost.
Anyway the main "problem" is that icingaweb gets installed for the system and has it's own Apache config file. So it's available for all vhosts - which is also not what I want but thats another topic ;)
I've also checked the open_basedir and include path - but still no success...
Calling the URL results in file download with the following content:

<?php
/*! Icinga Web 2 | (c) 2014 Icinga Development Team | GPLv2+ */

require_once '/usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php';

/usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/ path is included in open_basedir and include path.

Back