• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.5 alt instructions for PSA 9.3.3

KirkM

Regular Pleskian
I ran into some small roadblocks on both my servers installing zip with patched phpMyAdmin-2.11.?9.5-all-languages and script to migrate settings from phpMyAdmin-2.8.2.4 installed with Plesk according to instructions by Igor. Here is the way I did it successfully on both 32 and 64 bit versions (changes in RED):

1. Download the archive and unpack it.

~# wget http://kb.odin.com/Attachments/11632/Attachments/phpMyAdmin.zip
~# unzip phpMyAdmin.zip

2. Extract patched phpMyAdmin:

~# cd phpMyAdmin
~# tar -xzf phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.5-all-languages.tar.gz

3. Migrate settings from installed phpMyAdmin to new one:

~# cd phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.5-all-languages && sh ../migrate_settings.sh

4. Backup files of installed phpMyAdmin (you can remove it later):

~# mv /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin.old

5. Move files of new phpMyAdmin to Parallels Panel root directory:

~# cd ../
~# mv phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.5-all-languages /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

There are only 2 small modifications in here, but it wouldn't work for me without these adjustments in the install procedure.

My pleasure. Thanks so much for all of the updates and instructions you post. I am not very good with Linux so it is a great benefit for me to have those update and patch instructions posted.

Back