• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation error ( URGENT! )

N

nettproffen

Hi -

I try to install Plesk 8.1 on a clean server, but get a failure during the install process.

I get the error " A newer version of this product is already installed " and the installation aborts. What is this? I have no new version of plesk on that server, no version at all. It is a clean server where I have uninstalled Helm 4 and now installing Plesk.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind r.

Bjørn

I have the same problem.

I try to install the Plesk 8.1.1 in a new Windows 2003 Server in a new Dedicated Server (withouth HELM or any CP).

I spend a lot of time trying to reinstall this software but I can't

Regards.

The Same...

"A newer version of this product is already installed "

Could you fix this error ?

Regards

Yes, I had the same error.
It is a while ago but If i remember correct the error was caused by a excisting MySQL database. Try to complete remove MySQL form your server. It might also be the MSSQL server if any present.

Kind r.
Bjørn.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I save me....

Jajaj

Regards.

Thanks...

This CP install MySQL and all features that contain ?

Or simply manage the preinstalled features than found ?

Regards

Yes it install everything. Just sit back and relax :) Much better than Helm that requires hours of installation and configuration before and after install :)

I only had installed Simple DNS and SmarterMail / Stats before install PLesk. Other than that server was pretty empty.

Bjørn.

Back