1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

installation on php4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Doom, May 19, 2006.

1. Doom

Doom Guest

hello.
    when i install plesk 8,0 on fedora core 4 it installs php5 automaticly - but i want it to install php4!
    how do i do that?

it also trobles me that it gives me errors on my php.ini file - they are not configured right
    and it doesn't include mysql...

anyone who can help me?

2. poke

poke Guest

You might try:
    #rpm -e php*

Then try to install and the installer should grab the 4.x php version....

3. stdio

stdio Guest

poke, can you be a bit more specific please? I need php4 as well. If i remove the php* files and run the installer again, will I loose my domains, etc?

4. poke

poke Guest

stdio,
    Since you are upgrading and not downgrading with client's aboard, I assume. Again assuming you are running a RH variant, you can simply update your PHP release using YUM and http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com ( use his repo for your necessary release).....

Also a side note for PHP safe mode on PSA8, you can use the global settings section to turn on and off PHP safe mode.

This used to be handled with a simple vhost.conf file, but things are a changin' :) I'm still finding a few little tricks here and there.

hope this helps! :)