• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation removed plesk packages

antoinelomb

New Pleskian
Hi,

I was trying to install a package on my server, but I didn't see that it was going to delete plesk, there is the log :

(Lecture de la base de données... 134661 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Suppression de psa-vpn (12.0.18-ubuntu14.04.build1200140610.21) ...
Suppression de plesk-management-node (12.0.18-ubuntu14.04.build1200140610.21) ...
Suppression de psa-mnemo (4.2.6-ubuntu14.04.build1200150706.15) ...
Suppression de psa-turba (4.2.7-ubuntu14.04.build1200150706.15) ...
Suppression de psa-passwd (5.0.2-ubuntu14.04.build1200150706.15) ...
Suppression de plesk-roundcube (1.1.4-ubuntu14.04.build1200151229.11) ...

I stopped it there.

(Suppression de means deleting ...)

I tried the Plesk repair command, I got this :

-bash: /usr/sbin/plesk : /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun : mauvais interpréteur: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

(No folder or files of that type)

I really need your help ! :(

Hi Igor,

I have exactly same problem, it comes from upgrading Ubuntu from 12 to 14.04... I always choose YES when asked for config files (if should be changed or use old ones... I always take new from packages).

Actually I restored all linux services, everythnig goes OK on server (ubuntu 14.04) all services runs and are detected by manager on my hosting company (http/ftp/ssh/pop/imap...).

But unable to repair plesk (11.5) and unable to use plesk, no plesk sites work at all (normal Plesk seems to be partially deleted)...

I use Plesk as DNS server so domains actually don't work (except FTP on IP)...

I did this to upgrade from 11.5 to 12.5 (on my oldest server), so very bad idea, noithing goes like it should, after few hours everything works, but cannot install plesk, event tried with :

wget -O - http://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer | sh

Some plesk services seems to be running... and that stops installation on start.

So I'll try to reinstall it over, but I'd like to keep my config (I did update before, 50+Gb), so I can restore (config and data)...

Any idea on how to launch installation script ? and keep my data... config... because I have a lot of customers on this server and most of them have AdWords campaigns... so I need to found solution within the next few hours.

Thanks for any help.

Cerdan

Actually tried autoinstaller after get latest... with :

./plesk-installer --all-versions

and choose repair, it purpose OYX17, tries to update, tells me "78 packages missing / 20 packages will be updated"

But after when I continue :

DATABASE ERROR!!!
Database psa found, but version undefined

ERROR while trying to find psa database

It seems very bad for me, I'll try to redirect to another of my servers, and manualy setup domains, mails, ftp, databases...

Excepti if any idea on how to repair entiere plesk.

Thanks a lot for any help

I have exactly same problem, it comes from upgrading Ubuntu from 12 to 14.04...

As far as I recall from installation and maintenance manuals, there is a warning in these documents that an upgrade of a major operating system release after Plesk is already installed will lead to a broken Plesk installation. Instead, it is recommended to setup a new server with the new operating system and use Plesk migrator tool to migrate the accounts to it. If a second server is not available, you can backup the whole server through Plesk backup, then reinstall server OS fro scratch, install Plesk and restore all accounts from the backup.

Hi Peter, thanks for reply. That's what I did usually, but I wanted to try... very very bad idea :(

Actually I'm reestoring ~50% of domains manually to another server, have a lot of hours to restore all with databases and some intranets.

Ubuntu (and linux generally) process when installs and upgrade remove all old "unused" modules include some Plesk ones I think.

Back