• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved installed Windows IIS url rewrite = Plesk crash

isfcom

New Pleskian
Hi

I have installed "URL Rewrite" and "IP and Domain Restrictions" on Windows 2008 R2 (on a virtual server) with Plesk 11. First it worked but after two days Plesk Control Panel Service can not be started anymore:

Execute websrvmng.exe --start-plesk-website failed with error code 1: C structured exception: 0xc06d007e
at (execUtil line 142)
at Execute C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe --start-plesk-website(execUtil line 149)
at Start control panel(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 110)
at PleskControlPanel::serviceMain(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 125)
Execute file name: C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\PleskControlPanel.exe

I was able to enter the admin panel but when i tried to create a subdomain i noticed the error.
I am quite sure that the problems were the result of my changes so I unistalled the domain restrictions, nothing happend (after restart) and then the url_rewrite (after restart) but now its worse then before. I cannot open the IIS Interface, because something is wrong with the net framework, also the reinstallation of Net 4.0 is not working. There is an unknown error in IIS.

Well good news are that the websever is still running for the website visitors but now I can't get into the plesk control panel it has completly crashed.

I think that I have to set up a new server, but before I do this, it would be nice to know what the problem was. In an other topic someone was asking if he could use (Plesk 10) url rewrite an the answer was: yes ,no incompability with plesk just install url rewrite.
( http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=100151 )

Might the "IP and Domain Restrictions" be the problem?
I have looked up what is necessary for search engine optimized urls with webconfig and they said url rewrite and for full usage "IP and Domain Restrictions". Now I wonder if the restrictions are the source of the problem.

Or is there any other solution with Plesk 11 for rewriting urls?

Last edited:
URL rewrite module can be installed separately in IIS. Can you please give exact error message so we can give solution on it.

Okay an anwser 1 1/2 years later... Well solved the problem with a complete reinstall of the system. Installed only URL rewrite and NOT IP and Domain Restrictions and it worked.

Maybe you should speed up your support a litte bit ;)

Back