• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

installer broken again

V

vistagrande

I just attempted to update to 4.5 from 4.2.3. Apparently you have lost the changes to the installer that finally allowed it to update properly to 4.2.3 when the database was on a different server using SQL login.

As I recall from the past, the only way to update is basically uninstall (the five template libraries first first) everything and then reinstall in place (and then the template libraries). That is an insane time consuming process.

So, since I will have to go through the entire process, I might as well make it worth the trouble and move the entire mess to a single server environment that works with your default configuration. (I have no idea why you offered options since it seems that the updates do not support theirr use.) What is the best way to accomplish a move of both application and database to a new server? Can I just install in the new location then restore the sitebuilder backup? Or will we then have issues with the licensing?

Could you provide exact steps which were performed during upgrade process? Also which issues did you meet? All details are important here.
As for migration process you should be able to restore full Sitebuilder backup on new freshly installed server. It should work. So try it and let us know about the results.

I downloaded the update to the server which hosts sitebuilder and then attempte to run it from my account which has the needed administrative credentials.

As it went through the process, it had a pop up about not being able to connect to the SQL server. On the SQL server I can see failed logins. It was obviously trying to use integrated authentication when this installation was set up with SQL logins.

Here is one of the messages found in the server logs:
"Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 for Windows -- Cannot connect to the server. Please check your connection settings and verify that SQL server is in the correct state."

Here is the other:
"Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 for Windows -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action ChangeDBOwner script error -2147467259, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Line 1388, Column 3, "

There was no option to upgrade from within the application.

There was no option to provide the SQL credentials in the update. And it is clear it did not use the data that was being used by the application.

SBConfigure.exe utility

In the attachment you can find SBConfigure.exe configuration utility. With help of this utility it is possible to re-connect Sitebuilder for Windows to different database.
Description for this utility you can find here http://download1.parallels.com/Site...eName=changing_database_or_sites_location.htm

Put this utility into <SB dir>\Utils\ folder and try to use it for database re-connection.
In current version upgrade procedure does not include connection to SQL step as product already installed and everything should be configured. With help of utility you can connect Sitebuilder to different database or the same database transferred to different server.

After connection to database will be restored it is suggested to accomplish upgrade procedure one more time to 4.5 and after that with help of Sitebuilder Autoupdater install hotfix2.

Check it up and let me know about the results.

Attachments

• SBConfigure.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 49
Back