• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Installing Meteor in a Plesk-friendly way?

James Newton

New Pleskian
Hello helpful Plesk people,

I have a brand new server on which Plesk Onyx is installed, and I'm trying to get Meteor to run on it. A search for "meteor" in this forum has returned no results, and all the online tutorials I can find make no mention of Plesk.

I encounter a series of errors when I perform the following in a SSH session:

$ cd <root folder for meteor, inside the Plesk root folder>
$ cd bundle/programs/server
$ npm install --production

I wonder if this is because the versions of npm and node that are installed by Plesk are newer than those used by the latest version of Meteor.

Has anyone on this forum successfully installed Meteor in a Plesk-friendly way, or should I treat my Meteor installation directly via the command line, and leave Plesk ignorant of its existence?

Thanks in advance,

James

Здравствуйте ИгогьГ!

It's great to be able to welcome someone of your calibre to the Meteor community)

You have discovered how simple it is to get started. You now have the development version of Meteor on your production server. This is a single process delivering multiple un-minified JavaScript files and using resources generously to make debugging simple.

My concern is to install a streamlined production version of my Meteor app, managed by Phusion Passenger. Passenger adds robustness by providing multiple processes that respawn automatically when they crash, with load-balancing between them. It also takes care of getting nginx to deliver the app natively through port 80.

It looks as if it's my good luck that you have taken an interest in this. With your help and your knowledge of Plesk, we should be able to get this working quickly. I'll be happy to write up a tutorial so that the Plesk and Meteor communities can benefit from each other.

Хорошего дня!
James

With your help and your knowledge of Plesk, we should be able to get this working quickly. I'll be happy to write up a tutorial so that the Plesk and Meteor communities can benefit from each other.
I'm not only one here. I suppose that many other community members may be much more interested in this tutorial and will help you :) And note, that it's YOUR server and you are free to test, whatever you desire :)

Back