• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing on Redhat 3 ES (Update4 ??) fails

T

tobtob

I just loaded a new server up with Redhat 3 ES . I installed all the updates via the up2date facility. When I attempt to load Plesk 7.5.2 it fails with an error about having the wrong level of PHP. It wants me to load up php-4.3.2-14.ent the current version is php-4.3.2-19 .
I looked around some forums and it seems like I should have loaded the oldest version of redhat 3 es , then loaded plesk .
I guess my question is ..........................

What is the best way to proceed at this point ? Should I start over again by reloading redhat ? If i do, should I then install plesk then the updates to get it up to "update 4" ? Will future plesk update work if I do that ?

Hopefully someone has been throught this and can help. Thanks in advance,
--
Tom OBrien

Possible Solution

Hi there

I had a similiar problem when upgrading from 7.1.4 to 7.1.6. What worked for me was to first manually uninstall php's rpm's and then continue with the update.

to unistall try:
# rpm -e --nodeps --repackage php-4.3.2-19.ent php-mysql-4.3.2-19.ent php-imap-4.3.2-19.ent php-ldap-4.3.2-19.ent

(hope i typed that correctly) and then continue with the update.

When I upgraded from 7.1.6 to 7.5.2 I had another problem with auto install of the migration manager, but doing a forced install of it's rpm manually overcame that problem and the autoupdate then . So you may also be able to do something similiar here.

I am also new to plesk / linux, so my knowledge is not brilliant - but it may also be an idea to do the update via the plesk console, instead of via up2date?

hope this help.

Back