1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Plesk 8.4 on CentOS 5.2, 'php-common' package error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by danberlyoung, Jul 14, 2008.

1. danberlyoung

danberlyoung Guest

I'm installing a brand-spanking-new server and want to get the latest versions of CentOS and Plesk but they don't seem to like each other. Specifically I'm getting an error complaining that I have a newer version of "php-common" package. It then directs me to create an .autoinstallerrc file with the path to the CentOS repository. I've done that and it seems happy with the url I gave it (http://mirrors.easynews.com/linux/centos/5.2/updates/i386) but it's still giving me the same error on install.

Any help?

TIA!

2. jahsh420

jahsh420 Guest

Maybe try removing php-common if it exists already

rpm -e php-common

3. danberlyoung

danberlyoung Guest

It's used by several packages including the main PHP5 package. Don't think I can just chop it out and not have something blow up.

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Try installing plesk through yum, that can handle the dependency resolution much better.

5. danberlyoung

danberlyoung Guest

Ok, call me ignorant. what is the package name? I've used yum before but I'm don't know the specific package I should install.

Thanks!