• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Plesk behind a hardward firewall

P

pboisso

Hello,

I have a plesk server behind a hardware firewall. I changed the DNS rules in Plesk admin to point to the external IP address, so name resolution is working fine.

However, other features are not working because they use the internal ip address.

For example, when we click on site preview, a new window is opening with the internal ip address shown, which obviously is not working when we are external.

Has anyone had the same problem? Any solution for that?

Thanks.

you probably need to check yer firewall settings, see if all the necessary ports are open.

It's not a matter of port, it's a matter of ip address. Plesk is using the internal IP address for the site preview. Actually, the IP address should never been used in the plesk software other than in the DNS database.

Plesk is NOT working with NAT.

This has never worked on any of my servers that I run in a DMZ. The links use whatever physical IP the domain is configured for so I don't think there is a way to change them, I've never found one. PSA HAS to use the physical (internal IP) when mapping it so it knows what IP request it needs to respond to, DNS can be whatever though.

Back