• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Installing Plesk on Second drive

Kingsley

Silver Pleskian
Hello;

I recently bought a dedicated server with 2 drive (soft raid) after installing plesk it seems the installation is in a drive called /dev/md1 with about 16GB of space while /dev/md2 is free.

Is this how its supposed to work or how do i fix this?

Attachments

• Plesk Onyx 17.5.3.jpeg
    Plesk Onyx 17.5.3.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 5
Leaving the Plesk system files on the first drive should not be a problem. The biggest chunks of data are your virtualhost path and temp path.

You can move the virtual host directory root to a different location with this guide:
How to change Virtual Hosts location in Plesk for Unix

You can, too, change the temporary directory location, e.g. for backups, in /etc/psa/psa.conf (you need to create the paths/directories on the other drive with the same permissions as on the default drive).

Leaving the Plesk system files on the first drive should not be a problem. The biggest chunks of data are your virtualhost path and temp path.

You can move the virtual host directory root to a different location with this guide:
How to change Virtual Hosts location in Plesk for Unix

You can, too, change the temporary directory location, e.g. for backups, in /etc/psa/psa.conf (you need to create the paths/directories on the other drive with the same permissions as on the default drive).

I thought i will be using 1 drive while it will mirror everything to the second drive..... Is that not what raids do? Am using raid 1

O.k., you did not really mention that you are seeking instructions on how to setup raid. In this case, do not do any changes to Plesk. Contact your host provider to find out how to setup raid. This is something that needs to be done outside Plesk.

O.k., you did not really mention that you are seeking instructions on how to setup raid. In this case, do not do any changes to Plesk. Contact your host provider to find out how to setup raid. This is something that needs to be done outside Plesk.

Both drives are setup in raid 1 with the largest dev/md2 have 270GB but plesk was installed in dev/md1 with 16GB i don't know if this is how it's done.

Both drives are setup in raid 1 with the largest dev/md2 have 270GB but plesk was installed in dev/md1 with 16GB i don't know if this is how it's done.

Again, contact your hosting provider about RAID setup, this forum is for Plesk related questions.
/dev/md* is usually a software raid drive, but doesn't have to be.

Back