• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Installing Plex or Kodi in Docker

Alaa Mansour

Basic Pleskian
Hello everybody

iam a begginer here, i would like to know how can i install Plex server or Kodi in Docker and configure it.
can anybody help me please?
thanks a lot

Hi,

Have you already tried Plesk with Kodi/Plex?.. Have you faced with any issues? If it generally works in Docker (I found some containers in Docker Hub), I don't see any problems why it shouldn't work with Plesk.

I have never tried "Plesk+Kodi" but I am interested in your using-scenario why are you interested in using Kodi on Plesk server? Is Could you please describe the idea? Is it a home NAS server or is it required you for using with some public web-service?

Hi,

Have you already tried Plesk with Kodi/Plex?.. Have you faced with any issues? If it generally works in Docker (I found some containers in Docker Hub), I don't see any problems why it shouldn't work with Plesk.

I have never tried "Plesk+Kodi" but I am interested in your using-scenario why are you interested in using Kodi on Plesk server? Is Could you please describe the idea? Is it a home NAS server or is it required you for using with some public web-service?

thank you very much for your comment.
here is my request:
i have a Plesk server and i want to create a subdomain, eg: plex.example.com or /kodi.example.com
so when i go to Docker and run the image, i don't understand the configurations there, and i don't know how to bind the subdomain to the server, i have never used Docker before.
and i can't find tutorials online for somebody that installing one of these on Docker in Plesk server.

the reason: i want to give my friends an access to some media files that have multiple audio tracks and subtitles.

Alaa Mansour,

i have a Plesk server and i want to create a subdomain, eg: plex.example.com or /kodi.example.com
I hope this article could help how Docker extension works in Plesk: Let's talk about the Plesk Docker Extension

the reason: i want to give my friends an access to some media files that have multiple audio tracks and subtitles.
...but have you ever tried Nextcloud (https://nextcloud.com)? Plesk has an extension for that (Nextcloud) and it could be installed from Extension Catalog.

...but have you ever tried Nextcloud (https://nextcloud.com)? Plesk has an extension for that (Nextcloud) and it could be installed from Extension Catalog.

yes iam using Nextcloud, but iam looking for streaming media files, instead of giving them to download, thought it would be easier and funny ;)

Back