• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Instead of upgrading to 9, I am migrating to new server with 9

M

meat1oaf

We just took advantage of the 50% off promo to trade in your expired SUS for v.9 (Unix). Now, rather than go through the hassle of upgrading from 8.2, I would prefer to install fresh on a new (modern) server, and then migrate all of my client accounts over.

I have a couple of major questions regarding this though...

1) How does the licensing work? If I start the new server with my new licence key, will my old server continue to work long enough for me to bring all of my client accounts over? BOTH servers will need to be up for a few3 days for me t complete the process...

2) My old config only had php4 and mysql3. The new version appears to be only php5 and mysql5. I assume I will have some problems migrating over, or will there be a migration wizard that will automagically convert the databases?

Any help would be GRATEFULLY appreciated!
-Jason

If you uprgade your license using the key_upgrade form, the old server will work until it's current key expires. This would work out perfect to give you time to migrate all the clients from the old server to the new server. Unfortunately, the new Plesk doesn't have a working migration manager.

Edit: If you look in the forums here, there's a link to an article that explains how to migrate using the backup manager from the CLI.

seriously??? lol!

Ah.. once of the reasons I didn't want to pay for Plesk after my first SUS expiration.
Nice to see things haven't changed much.

thx!

Back