• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Internal 500 error exporting categories/products using OpenCart

Z

ZishanC

Hi everyone,

I have been getting an error on my domain which I have hosted on my Parallels Plesk 10.4 VPS.
I have only had the VPS from 123-reg for 2 weeks now, my website was running fine until they did a update on the VPS, now they are persistent that I have to sort the issue out :( This is what they said: You have full root access to the server via SSH so you would be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issues yourself.

I had a look in the error log inside Parellel Plesk 10 CPanel and this is the time I tried to do an Export from Admin:
[Thu May 24 16:42:12 2012] [warn] [client [IP ADDRESS HIDDEN]] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds
[Thu May 24 16:42:12 2012] [error] [client [IP ADDRESS HIDDEN]] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Thu May 24 16:42:23 2012] [warn] [client [IP ADDRESS HIDDEN]] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: /admin/index.php?route=tool/export&token=2445a2f6f3bd36f0770c7937e513e681

I have explained to them that I don't know how to configure a VPS and its something they need to do. Everything on the site works apart from the Import/Export in the Admin section, whenever I run this the website itself stops responding.

Can anyone help on here please?

Thanks
Zishan

Are you sure that it is not caused by lack of VPS resources? Did you check it?

If you have Virtuozzo VPS - read carefully Virtuozzo documentation of resources allocation.
If you have other virtualization - XEN, KVM, VMWare, etc - read appropriate documentation.

I really dont know which VPS 123-reg has provided me with. The only thing I do know is that it has Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4.

This is what it says about the server health:
Apache CPU usage 4.1 % (?)
Mail server CPU usage 0 % (?)
MySQL CPU usage 10 % 1.03 (?)
Panel CPU usage 1.7 % 5.68 (?)
Apache memory usage 2.6% used (53.1 MB of 1.96 GB) (?)
Mail server memory usage 0.2% used (4.42 MB of 1.96 GB) (?)
MySQL memory usage 3% used (59.6 MB of 1.96 GB) (?)
Panel memory usage 3.3% used (65.3 MB of 1.96 GB) 1.75 (?)

Hi everyone,
further update:

I have tried to run the export again via opencart back end and had a look at the server health within Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 and I have attached an image showing the MySQL CPU usage @ 44.6 % 1.75 (?)

Can anyone suggest how I could prevent this from happening and how I could do it?I pressume this is what is causing the Internal server 500 error.

Thanks
Z

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 29
Hi everyone,

I have been getting an error on my domain which I have hosted on my Parallels Plesk 10.4 VPS.
I have only had the VPS from 123-reg for 2 weeks now, my website was running fine until they did a update on the VPS, now they are persistent that I have to sort the issue out :( This is what they said: You have full root access to the server via SSH so you would be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issues yourself.

I had a look in the error log inside Parellel Plesk 10 CPanel and this is the time I tried to do an Export from Admin:
[Thu May 24 16:42:12 2012] [warn] [client [IP ADDRESS HIDDEN]] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds
[Thu May 24 16:42:12 2012] [error] [client [IP ADDRESS HIDDEN]] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Thu May 24 16:42:23 2012] [warn] [client [IP ADDRESS HIDDEN]] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: /admin/index.php?route=tool/export&token=2445a2f6f3bd36f0770c7937e513e681

I have explained to them that I don't know how to configure a VPS and its something they need to do. Everything on the site works apart from the Import/Export in the Admin section, whenever I run this the website itself stops responding.

Can anyone help on here please?

Thanks
Zishan

Edit the file:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf

Specifically, change

FcgidIOTimeout 45

to

FcgidIOTimeout 3600

3600 seconds = 1 hour. Should be long enough for most but adjust upwards if required. I saw one example quoting 7200 seconds in there.

Finally, restart Apache to make the new setting active.

apachectl graceful

Thanks but that didnt work either :( its so frustrating running an export query and the whole domain goes down

FYI on Ubuntu (and probably possible other debian based distro's) the configuration is in /etc/apache2/mods-available/fcgid.conf

I changed FcgidIOTimeout to 120 there. 45 seconds was too small for a few specific export scripts and some other, 120 seems fine here. Personally don't care much for the shotgun approach by setting it to 1 or 2 hours (besides - PHP execution time limit will kick in way before that) - 1 script running for 1 or 2 hours is not accepted here anyways. But whatever value that exceeds the time it needs to run should suffice. I'd add a bit for cases where the server might be busy with other stuff too.

Back