• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Internal error: can't add/edit service plans and can't use bind dns server

G

GaborS

I got this error message if I'd like to add or edit "service plans".

----
Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>' what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1. Stderr is hostname: Name or service not known

Message Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>' what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1. Stderr is hostname: Name or service not known
File Configuration.php
Line 23
Type PleskUtilException
----

And I got this error if I'd like to start the DNS (bind) server (from under Services management).
Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

Help please!

I've only just started with Plesk so I really have no idea what your problem might other than to suggest looking at the output of a few of these commands...

hostname
hostname -f
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/serverconf -l
/etc/init.d/bind9 restart ; tail -f /var/log/syslog
/usr/local/psa/bin/repair -r # if desperate

The hostname -f was the main problem with this error:
hostname: Name or service not known
It has been solved: I wrote the hostname (yp00) into the hosts file:
127.0.0.1 localhost yp00

But I have two problem already (it's solved too, see at below):

1.) I got this error message from plesk:
Error: New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration.
(...and I don't get any email.)

2.)
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
PHP Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Scheme.php on line 244

WOW, it is solved too!!!
The solution of the first point is: I go into the Subscriptions and after each of into the exclamation marked two domains, and click to the "retry" (in the error message).
The solution of second point is: nothing :) the first point solved the second problem as well.

Hoopps, sorry. So the correct hosts file content is this:
127.0.0.1 yp00 yp00.example.com localhost

And after I run these commands:
# hostname yp00
# domainnames example.com

And now everything is okey! :)

Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf

Hi,

I got the same error today. I initially had trouble with the BIND Nameserver to work. I kept getting this error:

DNS (bind) service starting failed
That was the error message which I got from the plesk:
Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

After extensive goggling i finally got a very easy solution on the parallel forum. This is the solution:

# /usr/sbin/named -u named -g -d 1
--> you will get this error: /usr/sbin/named: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/named: undefined symbol: dns_cache_create3

# zypper update bind
--> Nothing to do.

# zypper update bind-libs
--> Installing: bind-libs-9.7.4P1-0.2.1 [done]
--> (THIS IS THE REAL SOLUTION! That was missing.)

# service named start

Everything was working fine until today I got the Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf

I still haven't been able to resolve this. I am a Linux and Plesk newbie. I basically get this message when I check the named service status:

Checking for nameserver BIND
rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused running

Any help on how I can get this problem solved.

Back