1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Internal error: can't add/edit service plans and can't use bind dns server

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by GaborS, Apr 6, 2012.

1. GaborS

GaborS Guest

I got this error message if I'd like to add or edit "service plans".

----
    Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>' what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1. Stderr is hostname: Name or service not known

Message Unable to execute serverconf: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool))>' what(): Execution of hostname -f failed with return code 1. Stderr is hostname: Name or service not known
    File Configuration.php
    Line 23
    Type PleskUtilException
    ----

And I got this error if I'd like to start the DNS (bind) server (from under Services management).
    Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

Help please!

2. mconstable

mconstable New Pleskian

60%
    I've only just started with Plesk so I really have no idea what your problem might other than to suggest looking at the output of a few of these commands...

3. GaborS

GaborS Guest

The hostname -f was the main problem with this error:
    hostname: Name or service not known
    It has been solved: I wrote the hostname (yp00) into the hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 localhost yp00

But I have two problem already (it's solved too, see at below):

1.) I got this error message from plesk:
    Error: New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration.
    (...and I don't get any email.)

2.)
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
    PHP Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Scheme.php on line 244

WOW, it is solved too!!!
    The solution of the first point is: I go into the Subscriptions and after each of into the exclamation marked two domains, and click to the "retry" (in the error message).
    The solution of second point is: nothing :) the first point solved the second problem as well.

4. GaborS

GaborS Guest

Hoopps, sorry. So the correct hosts file content is this:
    127.0.0.1 yp00 yp00.example.com localhost

And after I run these commands:
    # hostname yp00
    # domainnames example.com

And now everything is okey! :)

5. avilalvani

avilalvani Guest

Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf

Hi,

I got the same error today. I initially had trouble with the BIND Nameserver to work. I kept getting this error:

DNS (bind) service starting failed
    That was the error message which I got from the plesk:
    Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

After extensive goggling i finally got a very easy solution on the parallel forum. This is the solution:

# /usr/sbin/named -u named -g -d 1
    --> you will get this error: /usr/sbin/named: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/named: undefined symbol: dns_cache_create3

# zypper update bind
    --> Nothing to do.

# zypper update bind-libs
    --> Installing: bind-libs-9.7.4P1-0.2.1 [done]
    --> (THIS IS THE REAL SOLUTION! That was missing.)

# service named start

Everything was working fine until today I got the Internal error: Unable to execute serverconf

I still haven't been able to resolve this. I am a Linux and Plesk newbie. I basically get this message when I check the named service status:

Checking for nameserver BIND
    rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused running

Any help on how I can get this problem solved.