• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Invalid backup file size is displayed in Backup manager server repository

WinP

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

First of all I checked via command line if any software is not installed properly while plesk installation was done on destination server (windows server 2012 R2). All looks fine, please check attached file pleskinstallation.txt

Now let me explain you the scenario.

Source plesk version 10.4.4 (windows server 2008)
Destination plesk version 12.0.18 MU#23 built.

We are in testing mode of migrating websites hosted with source plesk version 10.4.4 onto destination server plesk server 12.0.18 having (windows server 2012 R2).

What we did, we restored the backup of Source plesk version 10.4.4 (windows server 2008) to Destination plesk version 12.0.18 MU#23 built.

Now the problem is that backup which we restored on Destination plesk version 12.0.18 MU#23 was of 68 GB and now when we setup the backup on Destination plesk version 12.0.18 MU#23 and when backup completes successfully it show us wrong backup size up to 16 GB.

We have requested several times to plesk support has to check the entire new plesk version in terms of all feature (like taking backup, restoring, plesk installation etc) while releasing new version, If they have noticed bug than plesk support should not release new version or micro update until they are sure.

I would request them again to check backup size bug along with other bugs.

1. "Stats crashing and not updating stats"
2. installing "Spam assassin" on Plesk 12.0.18 on windows server 2012 r2 and we are getting error: Error: Unable to set Plesk SpamAssassin 3.3.2 as the default Spam Filter: defpackagemng failed: Execute spammng.exe --check failed with error code 1: Unable generate the unique file name by template D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\\etc\\mail\\spamassassin\\local.cf[*].bak: directory D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin does not exist.

Regards,
Sonu Chauhan

Attachments

• plesk-installation.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 3
  • snapshots.png
    snapshots.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello.
Could I ask what file size on disk was on Plesk 10.4? May be problem is displaying backup size.
Could I see backup/restore log on Plesk 12.0?
And we recommended to use Migration instead backup/restore from different version Plesk.
Thanks.

Back