• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Jay Pee

New Pleskian
Hi, I am hoping you may be able to help me.

I am running Plesk Onyx v17.5.3_build1705170317.16 os_CentOS 6.9 Final, Apache and Nginx on private server.

I suspended a domain on the 31st October, then needed to re-allow it. Since then I have been getting a warning message on the Plesk admin page and the domain is now also showing the apache test page. I think I unknowingly broke my Nginx settings?

The warning message:
Invalid nginx configuration: nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/cert-******") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/cert-******','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Unable to use the current nginx configuration file and to rollback to the previous version of the file because they both contain invalid configuration.

I ran the Webserver Configuration Troubleshooter and it has flagged up "exclamation marks" for lots of files, these are for nginx.php, nginxWebmail.php and nginxDomainVhost.php against my domains.

I also get this email after trying to save anything in Plesk Nginx:

Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/cert-******") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/cert-******','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

As far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything else, I tried to investigate this but whenever I try to save the NGINX settings this warning keeps flagging. Any help much appreciated, regards

At that time, yes completely.
Things have moved on a lot since then though (e.g. the Let's Encrypt Renewal Process via Plesk Extension / Plesk Onyx / CentOS etc) but the main issue was the missing / incorrrect file, which could / can still happen we guess.

Back